Thursday, February 09, 2006

Poverty (reflection for February 12, 2006)

In todays Gospel, a leper came in to Jesus an asked Jesus, "if you want to, make me clean" Jesus was full of pity and He touched the leper and the leper was made clean from the skin diesese

In todays world, we are witnesses to the poor begging for food and money. We see them but we dont help them. Few days ago, tumatawid ako ng EDSA through a overpass. In the overpass, there were children selling sampaguitas. One approached me and said, "kuya bili na po kayo, pangkain lang po"

They are hungry
They are dirty
They are tired

but why not help them? yes there are charities who are helping them, but charities only helps partially. Charities cant do this alone.

Sabi nga ni St. Meriadoc... "poverty is a remover of cares and the mother of holiness"

I remember when I was a small kid, an old blind man knocked at the window of our car, begging for money. I have a 5 peso coin in my pocket. I opened the window and gave it to the beggar.

My mom scolded me for giving money to the poor, she said "di mo dapat binigyan yon, sindikato yon e" I did not speak. Inisip ko nalng yung sinabi nya... back at home, I asked my dad the meaning of the word "sindikato" (i was a small kid back then, i asked my dad everytime i encounter unusual words kase) He asked me, "san mo nakuha yang salitang yan?" and i answered, "kay momi po". Kinwento ko sakanya kung ano nangyari, then he agreed to my mom na dapat di ko binigyan.

But at my age right now, I come to realize na it doesnt matter kung sindikato yano hindi.

The poor will not beg if they dont really need it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop with this bullshit...jesus this jesus that...get a godamn life and be productive.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your journey to sainthood...ya a bit selfish don't you think for someone so pious as yourself?

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

say anything what you want but please don say foul words... tnx

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home