Friday, March 03, 2006

It's hot in the desert, but it's hotter in hell (reflection for March 5, 2006)

Jesus went to the desert and stays there for 40 days and 40 nights. In the desert, the devil tempted Jesus to do 3 miracles, the first one is to make the stones as bread, next is to jump from a high building and not to worry cause the angels will save him. Lastly, the devil promised Jesus that he will give Jesus the kingdoms before Him only if Jesus would worship satan.

We are always tempted by the devil to do evil. Well... that's probably the reason of why we sin. We just dont know that we are being tempted by the devil.

Let me share an experience of mine being tempted by a devil and being saved from sin. It was late afternoon and the school bus left without me. So I decided to commute. As I ride on the jeep, the driver was old, so it was very difficult for him to give the right set of change for the passengers. He was about to give me the change, but maybe he did not count it. So sobra yung binigay nya sakin na sukli. Then a thought came to my mind kung ibabalik ko pa sakanya ang sobra. Ibubulsa ko na sana lahat, pero mukang ayaw ng Diyos na magkasala ako. Beside the jeep im riding was another jeep, and at the side of the jeep, there was a note saying, "God is watching you"... Nagulat ako at natakot na din at inisip ko na, maybe its a sign. Nangonsciencya ako, at binalik ko sa driver yung sobra na sukli...

I apologize for speaking in our language. Please understand it is quite difficult for me to speak in english. Hope that you could understand...

Anyway, Jesus was always tempted by the devil, but He resisted it and tried to ignore it. The same must go for all of us, we must resist all the assaults being done to us buy the devil. I was almost tempted inside that jeep. We must remember that God is watching us and He knows everything we do. Every inch we move and every word we speak. So that's why we must always be careful.

Let us allow our Spirit to lead us too into our own desert experience. Lent is an opportunity to find space for reflection.

There in the silence of our hearts, we reflect on our lives, listen and pray. Try to search your soul for God.

We all have our own desert, but the question is, can you survive?

We must try to survive our desert, because if we dont survive, we might suffer in hell. I believe that I have a much more hotter desert, because I aim to become a saint and being a saint comes with GREAT suffering and GREAT sacrifices but it all ends in GREAT rewards and achievments.

Its hot in the desert, but it's much hotter in Hell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Diego,

Here I am! Continue your quest to be holy. It is not an easy path, it is tricky too. Trust that God guides us.

Will include you in my prayers.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Diego said...

Tnx Jessel! i'll include you too in my prayers...

God Bless!!! :)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home