Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sacrifice...

The Gospel tommorrow is very beautiful, the same goes with the 1st and 2nd readings. The 1st reading talks about sacrifice. Yahweh tested the loyalty of Abraham to Him, so He asked Abraham to offer his son Isaac as his sacrifice. When Abraham was about to kill Isaac, an angel appeared and asked Abraham to stop. The angel proclaims that Abraham will have descendants many as the stars and of the countless sands in the shore. All this graces are 'rewarded' to Abraham because of obeying God's command.

It is really hard for a parent to lose a child. I may not be a parent yet but seeing or watching things about losing a child in television programs sometimes makes me cry. If i remember it right, the last time I cried was during our recollection (all of my classmates cried). The topic was, "if I die, what could be the reaction my family?"....

Well... like I said, it is really hard for a parent to lose a child. But for Abraham to offer his son's life as a sacrifice for God, he is willing to do it.

Are we willing to offer things that are important to us?

Are we willing to sacrifice a good relationship for the sake of obedience to God?

Are we willing to offer ourselves 100% to God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home