Monday, May 22, 2006

The thing called love (reflection for May 21,2006)

It's hard to love someone that you do not know.
It's hard to love someone that does not love you.
It's hard to love an enemy.
It's hard to love someone that you have not yet seen.
It's hard to love when you are in sorrow.
It's hard to love when you are hated.
It's hard to love when you are discriminated.

There are so much difficulties when it comes to love. Yet the Lord tells us, "love one another just as I love you"... Hard words isn't it? It is one of the secrets towards sanctity. Loving unconditionally.

It is hard to love especially to the ones who hate you. I for one know that alot of people are hating me right now. Hating me beacause of who I am. I once prayed to God to give me the maturity of a 60 year old man beacause having a mature mind can help me achieve sanctification.

St. Josemaria Escriva once said that the will of God is sanctification and we must sanctify others and to do that we must be saints, and to become a saint, we must love one another. See the connection? It all ends in love.

Haec est voluntas Dei: Santificato vestra... This is the will of God: Your sanctification.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home