Friday, June 23, 2006

Rude students of Ateneo de Manila University

Like the title says, Ateneans are rude these days. Here's what happend...

It was 6:30 in the evening of June 20, 2006, which was, 3 days ago when I went to National bookstore in Katipunan Avenue to buy some of my things in school. The place was crowded with people (mostly students buying supplies for school). Then I accidentally bumped an Atenean with his barkadas. The Atenean is tall and Chinese and is fond of speaking in english. He said, "oh fuck! watch where you going naman!", then I said nicely, "sorry", then he replied, "you better be!". Then when I turned my back, he looked at me badly.

I was really frustrated with that Atenean. Di ba sya nahihiya? suot suot nya ang uniform ng Ateneo, tapos mambabastos sya ng tao. My God! binastos ako ng isang estudyante na nagaaral sa isang eskwelahan na napakaganda. Take note! in front of other people pa! Napahiya na nga ako, nasigawan pa ako ng Atenista na mapagmataas. To the point that it was him who bumped me and not me who bumped him, tapos ngayon, siya pa may karapatan magalit sakin at sigawan ako ng ganun ganun lang. Buti nalang di ganon kalakas sigaw niya at buong national bookstore nakarinig, buti nalang din konti lang ang tao na nasa paligid na kung saan napahiya ako.

Buti nalang din na I'm not like most of the bosconians na kung nakabangga mo, masasapak kana or mumurahin ka ng "putang ina!"... buti nalang na di ako ganun. Good thing I was patient enough and in a good mood. The Atenean wrecked my day. Everything was going so well that day but he destroyed it all!!!

Ganyan pala mga taga Ateneo, bastos...

Kaya pala sabi ng ibang friends ko na taga Miriam, "wag ka mag Ateneo, mayayabang mga students dun"... The first time I heard this, I did not believe, cause I know that Ateneo is a very good school and some of the great leaders and successful businessman in the Philippines studied in Ateneo, kahit ang pambansanag bayani dyan nagaral. Kaya mataas ang tingin ko sa eskwela na yan. Pero after nung nangyari sakin, medyo bumaba yata tingin ko.

Upon arriving home, I asked myself, "yun ba ang tinuturo ng mga Heswita at mga guro ng Ateneo?"

11 Comments:

Blogger JR Orbeta, SJ said...

hello!

no matter how we Jesuits impress upon our students the virtues of Ignatius, in the final analysis, all depends upon the students whether they would live them up or just put them to trash. i believe that not all ateneans are like that. in fact, allow me to say that that guy was not a "real atenean!"

don't generalize! try to meet other ateneans and you'll see my point.

God bless you.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diego,

Orbeta, sj explained his position as a SJ. I apologize for the Chinese...these are the ugly Chinese who can afford to study at the best schools but who can't afford to be a good Catholic.

Ateneo and La Salles have become a "Chinese school" already because they can afford to pay the exorbitant tution fees. But rest assured that there are many good Chinese Catholics like Dr. Jake Yap, who worked hard for his Catholic community - CYA.

C.K. Leung
leung7895@hotmail.com

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

w0i.! wla aq mgwa ngyon magccomment n ln aq sa random posts ng blog mo.ehehe.

unang-una sa lhat, kila2 mo b q rods? III - VerziIllia aq.ehheh.

wag mo pancnin un.! alam mo nmn, ateneo.mayaman cla eh. tpos chinese pa.! cguro spoiled xado ung tao.pero d nmn gnun ung skul nla. don't judge the society as a whole just coz merong corrupt members d2. it'z juz lyk our gvmt.


bsta gnun cge byebye.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry to here of his rudeness. fact of the matter is, there are people who are rude no matter where they came from or studied at.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came upon this now, though this post has been here for quite a long time. Anyway, I just felt like replying. However, I really can't say anything other than what has already been said: Yes, it is true that plenty of Ateneans (perhaps the majority of them?) are quite... mapagmataas, if you will. I have had a few very rude encounters as well, but I haven't let that ruin the image of Ateneo that I have been carrying around for quite some time. Their education is still as good as ever, their campus is still as beautiful (in my opinion, anyway) as ever... It's just some of the people that can ruin the ride for you. Again, though, not all Ateneans are like that. Must have been really frustrating when it happened to you, though. All I can say is forget about it. :D Try to dig through the crowd--you'll find a decent person... somewhere... someday... in there, LOL.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

putang ina mo!! haha.
tatanga-tanga kasi.
ka bayot mo uie! haha.

pisting inatay!
makabwisit ang iyong blog!
SUPER!!!

BAKLA BADING BAYOT BOBO!!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

puta ka kung hindi mo un ipost!!!

bakla ka!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, ateneo is a school for bobo . wala ng matinong private school dito.

- atenista bobo
amen

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it real that some of the comments in here are having rude words that affect the reputation of the ADMU students?
aren't you or all of you aware about this?
you must have some bulletins or even news reports about this that this news or comments are not true

ypu must explain this to the public

and you must have a solution to solve this BIG problem that your facing now !!!!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bakla ka.. Duwag k lang.. D m cla kyang labanan. Amp ka..

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. Wlang saint na bading, wla ding saint na naghuhusga ng tao lalu na ippublsh nya sa blog.. Isa k lang bakla na duwag..

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home