Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Give thanks to the small blessings... (reflection for July 30, 2006)

I apologize for not updating my blog lately. I've been very busy lately with some school work and I can't find time to update my blog anymore.

Today's Gospel is all about another miracle done by Jesus, the multiplication of the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. The food was given by a boy who wish to share the things he have. By sharing ones blessing, he has blessed others. When Jesus received the food, he gave thanks.

We may not know it but every second of our lives is a blessing that we must be thankful for. If we really value our lives, then we must give thanks and praise to the one who gave it. But sad to say, not everyone is doing it, and I believe that only a decimal of a percent of catholics do it.

I can hear people ask of why it takes time for God to give blessings, and even if he gives some, it would take a long time before one could notice it. These are the "big blessings" that people often expect, like I said, they forget the "small blessings" that are happening day by day, hour by hour and second by second.

See the small blessings that are happening, and you'll see that God really makes miracles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Yu said...

Yeah, you're right. The essence of it is that we need to give thanks for everythig we received from God, be it big or small, God deserves our "thank you"! And not many people are thankful for what they received... which is a pity.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home