Monday, January 25, 2010

A Son's Gratitude

*This was first published in my multiply account few months ago*

After knowing that Dino posted in the internet, I decided to put mine. :P Haha. One of the requirements in our Renaissance Literature class is to make a sonnet about anything we want. :p I did mine for like 3 hours.

First, I tried to make a sonnet about love (the type of love that teenagers are in to nowadays) , but it wasn't that good and some lines doesn't make sense at all. So I rejected it.

Second, I tried to make a sonnet about something that I really love to do. And you guessed it right, it's MAGIC. Haha. But I can't think of anything to say about it, so I didn't continue.

Then suddenly, my mom opened the door and said, "MATULOG KA NA!!!" (yes, she shouted at me)

And then *poof!*... after a short scolding from my mom, I realized how much I love her and I remembered my old friend telling me that if my parents scolds me and goes on to bungangera mode, I should be thankful because they only do it because they love me. Therefore, the more scolding you get, the more love they feel for you. This however doesn't work for all parents, I just tend to believe it.

Then I was inspired, I wrote a couple of sensible lines. When I was running out of ideas, my yaya, whom I consider as my "other mom" came crashing to the door (yep, just like what my mom did) and said, "MATULOG KA NA!!! PAHIHIRAPAN MO NANAMAN AKO GISINGIN KA!!!"... Then I also realized how much my yaya loves me. Yaya Odette has been in our family for 23 years and I consider her as more than a family member. In fact, I also consider her as my mom. :)

Ideas then came crashing in and before I know it, I already made 14 lines with 10 syllable per line and a rhyme scheme that only God knows what it is. Hahahaha. I hope you like it. :)



A Son’s Gratitude

You took good care of me when I was small.
You always lack sleep because of my call
As I cry, you put delight in my face,
By employing your smile with no disgrace
As you hold me in your motherly arms
With your warmness all over my body,
Your smile wiped the tears away from my eyes
And happiness you have put in my face,
Thank you for the love you forever share
And the affection as high as the air
Now I’m aged, I wish to take care of you,
And impart gratitude to what you do
Remember I am always here for you
And no matter what happens, I love you.

By: Rodrigo A. Escobar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home